The Cooma Field and Game had a successful AGM on the 29th July. The committee has had a reshuffle and the new committee is looking forward to picking up where the 2013 committee has left off.
Richard Mould has vacated the presidency for Andrew Fairfield –Smith, however he hasn’t gone far, taking up the Vice President’s position with Reg McGufficke standing aside.
Adam Mower will take over from Brian Fergusson as Secretary and Terry Thistleton will remain as treasurer with the assistance of Ken Jones.
Special thanks goes to Richard Seears who is retiring as shoot secretary. They will be big shoes to fill, so much so, that we will have two shoot secretaries to replace him being Rhonda White and Robin Perkins.
Two awards were handed out at the AGM. A new award created by Richard Mould “Presidents Club person of the year” went to Glenn Simmons for his tireless work throughout the year. Well-deserved and well done Glen.
Last but not least Richard Seears put forward that Richard Mould be given a life membership for services to the club. Again well-deserved and fully supported by all those attending.
The AGM was followed by a General meeting that also went well.
Numerous motions were put forward and all passed to give the new committee plenty to get on with in the next 12 months.
I have been out in hot pursuit of new sponsors for the club with varied success. We are looking for sponsors to either provide sponsorships for shoots or in kind sponsors to help with the running of the club. I have a small sponsors package outlining what we are chasing so if anybody has any good leads please let me know.
It was agreed to get the website up and running and thanks to Adam Mower for his time and effort in doing this. Like all things new it will require some tweaking and Adam would appreciate any “constructive input” from the membership. We hope to develop a well presented user friendly site that will not only help the members with information, but attract new shooters and sponsors.
Items moved include
- Purchase of a new computer, printer and software to help with the running of shoots and the day to day running of the club.
- A new post and rail fence will be constructed between the club house and the equipment sheds to improve safety.
- An improved racking system will be install into the trap shed again to improve safety and efficiency.
- 2 x club guns will be purchased for the purpose of encouraging new shooters and potential new members.
Other item discussed were
- Ways to attract new shooters. Have a go day, restarting the schools program and corporate shoots. Any input in this regard, would be greatly appreciated.
- Calendar and set up roster’s completion have been delayed until the sponsorship list is finalized.
All in all I feel it was a very successful night. Thanks to everybody who attended and I am looking forward to seeing as many as possible on the range for the next shoot which will be on 17th August. A great opportunity to get your eye in for the Coomagui Cup which will be held on the weekends of 21st and 28th of September.